Change of Address

It is hard enough to have to pack and physically move without having to worry about whether or not you are going to receive your mail.

The U.S. Post Office has a change of address form that will notify the letter carrier about the change so your mail can be routed to the new address. The change of address card can be picked up at any post office.

A change of address filed with the post office will not notify people and companies that you have moved. You will need to do that yourself.

Magazines have labels that should be returned with the correct address. Credit card bills and installment loans usually have places on the return slip for you to notify them of a change of address.

Some people don’t send you mail on a regular basis and it will be up to you to let them know about your new address. Below is a checklist to help you remember all the necessary parties.

  • Electric
  • Gas
  • Water
  • Telephone
  • Bank
  • Credit Cards
  • Finance Companies
  • Schools
  • Doctor
  • Dentist
  • Accountant
  • Lawyer
  • Insurance Agents
  • Church & Charities
  • Organizations & Clubs
  • Friends & Relatives
Jane S. Idzi Jane Idzi specializes in the Park Cities and areas south of LBJ/635 including Lake Forest, Devonshire, Preston Hollow, and the historical districts of M-Streets and Munger Place. She has earned the coveted e-Pro Certification in addition to CCRC and Historic Home Specialist and is a member of the Texas Association of Realtors, the MetroTex Association of Realtors, Dallas Chamber of Commerce and Dallas Network Connection.She was voted a DMagazine’s Dallas Top Realtor for 2005.Her website,, boasts over 12,900 individual visitors a month and over 467,000 hits a month. She can be reached at 214-522-7997.